The Wellbeing + Impact Mastermind
Taking care of ourselves is a critical part of our work to create lasting change.
That’s why my work is about helping you build wellbeing strategies and self-care practices which support you to have an impact.
Without these wellbeing + impact practices, here’s what often happens: we work hard to accomplish short-term goals but over time most of us wind up depleted, under-resourced and burned out.
I've seen this over and over again in my work in the international development sector and experienced it myself.
If you’re working as an activist, in the non-profit, charity or development sectors, or contributing to create change in another way, you have probably experienced it too.
Working ourselves to the point of exhaustion stops us in our tracks.
When we want to have a long-term impact, it’s critical that we take our wellbeing seriously.
We want to help you find a new, sustainable way forward.
This is what the Impact + Wellbeing Mastermind is designed to help you do
Starting in October, you’ll join a small, intimate group of conscious professionals and changemakers.
Together we’ll work on establishing the individual self-care practices that support your wellbeing and fuel your career and impact.
The process is rooted in a Wellbeing and Impact Process Map which we have spent the last year developing and refining.
You’ll learn how to:
- Stop over-giving so that you can actually be more effective (in other words learn how to say No when you need to!).
- Rest and replenish so that you can sustain yourself across time rather than burning out.
- Figure out what nourishes and feeds you so you always have fuel and so that you can make these practices your habit
- Develop practical crisis management strategies so you have a way to manage daily career realities and know how and when to stop.
- Identify the warning signs and get more in touch with the signals that things are becoming too much.
- Build new strategies to navigate listening to your internal signaling system and responding to your own needs (the way they are rather than the way you think they should be).
- Figure out what blocks you and gets in the way of you caring for your own wellbeing and develop strategies to overcome your blocks.
- Model sustainable wellbeing practices so that you can start seeding by example a more just, humane culture in your workplaces, family, and communities.
This is foundational wellbeing and impact work…so it’s not an indulgence.
Wellbeing + Impact practices are a necessity when you want to create change without burning yourself out.
Here’s what you will get if you choose to join us:
- 5 x 2 hour skill-building group calls. By being amongst peers you counter the isolation women often feel in their work and lives; and you get peer support and accountability so you stay in momentum.
- In Call One we will look at AWARENESS and FOCUS two of the key building blocks to creating change. There will be a chance to explore the topic together and to work to identify actions you plan to take. We will also touch on our cross cursing themes of generosity and physical tools and develop some strategies for you to work with both, in simple ways throughout the Mastermind.
- In Call Two we will dive deeper into STRATEGIES and look at the different ways in which you can make this work real in your life and work.
- In Call Three we will focus on creating a HABIT of resourcing yourself through doing things you love that replenish you and REFLECTION as a tool for supporting this work. In this session we will also look at the cross-cutting theme of support and identify specific ways you want to access it as you continue through the mastermind.
- In Call Four we will look at SYSTEM CHANGE illuminating the parts of ourselves that may be resisting this work and how these tie up with the way our wider cultures view ‘work, ‘rest’ & ‘replenishment, particularly for women.
- In Call Five we will consider how we INFLUENCE others and model the changes we want to see in our world. This ties in with our Cross-Cutting theme of Living the Values we hold about the change we want to see in the world. We will begin to create plans to take these pieces forward which will also be discussed in your final 1:1.
You also get two one-hour 1:1 coaching calls to help you identify your own specific challenges and map your own specific plans. One at the beginning of our time together to help you set your intentions for your participation in the Mastermind and the other towards the end of our time together as a group to consolidate your plan for taking this work forward after the Mastermind ends.
- When the Mastermind starts we will open a dedicated group for Mastermind participants in The Replenishment Room). Here we will communicate and share as a group, supporting one another and keeping each other motivated in this work.
- Resources and exercises to work with between calls to help you to deepen your learning
- Email support throughout for support and feedback.
- The chance to have a buddy (someone else participating in the Mastermind) to partner with for accountability and further exploration between calls.
The Mastermind is priced at £400 or 3 instalments of £140. Our next group will start in the October and last for ten weeks. If you join us you’ll also receive a bonus one year membership in The Replenishment Room (worth £324).
Pay in 3 Instalments of £140
"This Mastermind opened up so much for me, way beyond what I'd expected. It transformed my thinking around our wellbeing and how that relates to social justice and activism. More than that it made a real shift to how I show up and the impact that has on my family and community.
As part of the team who have worked with Mary Ann on this project I've been thinking about these ideas for a while. But working through the process in a small group was different. The calls, exercises and 1:1 support helped me really integrate this into my being, and relate it to my specific history, circumstances and values.
It has given me so many ideas and insights into the change I want to be a part of. I am working in a different way now. I'm inspired, motivated and newly committed to the change I want to make, and now I have the tools to sustain it too."
Why join a Mastermind with me?
I have devoted much of my life to making an impact and like many change-making professionals, she got burnt out in the process.
I want all of us to be able to create impact, sustainably, without it costing us our wellbeing — and I believe it can be done.
The wellbeing of humanity and the ways we care for ourselves and one another — in our workplaces, in our communities, and in our personal lives — are the key concerns in my work.
I believe that World Changing + Self Care = Resilient Leaders Capable of Crafting a New Tomorrow.
You can learn more about me here.
The Wellbeing + Impact Mastermind is a chance to focus deeply on your own resourcing and really shift you practice in a community of like-minded people.
Because your wellbeing is the foundation for your impact.
I want to make this work work accessible.
If this work calls to you but the costs shown here make it prohibitive for you please email Mary Ann (email@example.com) so that she discuss how to make the work accessible to you or your organisation.
PS? Got questions? Book a Call with Mary Ann to discuss joining the group using this link.
Prefer to work on this 1:1 with Mary Ann? She is also offering a few spots to do that in Autumn 2018 with the Impact & Wellbeing Deep Dive.