If you like what you hear please like #ChangeMakingWomen on SoundCloud or rate & review us on ITunes – it helps us connect with more change making women and to grow this work.
TOPICS WE DISCUSS IN THIS EPISODE
- How to get started fundraising for your Change Making project
- What you need to have in place in order to persuade someone to give you money
- How to go about proving what you have done with money you have been given
- Starting small and using your network to test and prove your idea.
- How cultures of giving vary
Some quotes from the show:
‘You need to be able to describe exactly what you want to do before you go anywhere asking for money.’
‘My biggest concern is how people are accountable, that the money is used according to the business plan’
You need to have a detailed plan – to really know what you are going to do and be able to explain it to anyone you meet’
‘Do your research about funders properly. Send them what they ask for tailored for them. Make it clear that you know who they are’
‘to stand out you need a compelling story about the difference you want to make.’
‘get your first money from people you know who have faith in you.’
‘My number one recommendation if you are starting a charitable project would be to raise the first money you need from people you know who have faith in you’