Coaching with me is a shame-free and confidential space where you can be honest about challenges you are facing in your work for change including looking, if you want to, at how the injustice you stand against might be showing up in your life and work.
This might mean, for example, exploring how burnout and overwork manifest or exploring how you can put your own values into practice more both personally and professionally and 'walk your own talk.
I take a feminist and anti-racist approach in all of my work and so I will invite you to explore how patriarchy and white supremacy may be showing up also.
In doing this work together I aim to help you to play your part in a collective imagining of a radically different future which is so needed at this time.
In these coaching sessions we can look at:
- Being clear about the change you want to make and taking concrete steps towards it
- Learn how to say both 'No' & 'Yes' when you need to
- Rest and replenish so that you can sustain yourself across time for the work you care about rather than burning out
- Figure out what nourishes you and feeds you so you always have fuel and make these practices a habit
- Dealing with difficult conversations, raising issues and accepting your own capacity for harm (so that you can choose to do differently)
- Identify the warning signs and get more in touch with the signals that things are becoming too much.
- Build new strategies to navigate listening to your internal signalling system and responding to your own needs, the way they are rather than the way you think they should be.
- Figure out what blocks you and gets in the way of you caring for your own wellbeing and develop strategies to overcome your blocks.
- Model sustainable wellbeing practices so that you can start seeding by example a more just, humane culture in your workplaces, family and communities
- Build a culture of collective care in your workplace and communities.
How it works
I use a combination of Shadow Work Tools, my Action Learning Facilitation practice and a range of embodied practices to help you move through stuck places and my own process that will help you to centre care - both collective and personal - in your work for change.
My Coaching Packages are for 6 sessions over a 3 month period. They currently cost £750.
More about me and why I do this work
I am a Feminist Writer, Facilitator, Activist & Coach who cares deeply about how we can build a better world together. I help organisations build resilient cultures in which people value and care for themselves and each other but I also offer this deeply personal one to one work because working in this way is one of the ways I have move through the deeper problems and challenges in my life. Here are my skills and qualifications:
- I am also an Certified Shadow Work Coach, Accredited Action Learning Facilitator, TedX Speaker & Nia Movement Practitioner; I am also a Founder of the Red Tent Directory and The Story Party; and a podcaster and public speaker.
- I have a degree in Swahili and Social Anthropology and a Masters in Anthropological Research.
- I was CEO of the charity AbleChildAfrica between 2004 and 2011; I have two decades of years experience as a leader and practitioner in international development; I also developed programmes in three countries for the mental health and wellbeing charity BasicNeeds.
- I am experienced in professional fundraising and grant-making and have raised millions of pounds for the organisations I’ve worked for to fund social justice projects. I Chaired a Domestic Violence Refuge and led the organisation through a merger and have consulted with many other organisations in their change-management processes.
“Mary Ann’s inspiring vision of resilient leadership and practical support on how to make it real have enabled me to step up to a more senior role confident that I can do it without running myself or my team into the ground by feeling we have to do it all “