In these coaching sessions we can look at:
- Being clear about the change you want to make and taking concrete steps towards it
- Learn how to say both 'No' & 'Yes' when you need to
- Rest and replenish so that you can sustain yourself across time for the work you care about rather than burning out
- Figure out what nourishes you and feeds you so you always have fuel and make these practices a habit
- Dealing with difficult conversations, raising issues and accepting your own capacity for harm (so that you can choose to do differently)
- Identify the warning signs and get more in touch with the signals that things are becoming too much.
- Build new strategies to navigate listening to your internal signalling system and responding to your own needs, the way they are rather than the way you think they should be.
- Figure out what blocks you and gets in the way of you caring for your own wellbeing and develop strategies to overcome your blocks.
- Model sustainable wellbeing practices so that you can start seeding by example a more just, humane culture in your workplaces, family and communities
- Build a culture of collective care in your workplace and communities.
This coaching can work as bi-weekly or monthly sessions and is currently £75/hour virtually or £95/hour if it's in person in London (in person only available monthly).
I am a Certifed Shadow Work Coach and also offer one-off deep-dive sessions for times when you have something challenging that you want support to move through.
Shadow Work Coaching
Shadow Work is about helping you embrace the parts of yourself you might not like so much and can help you move through a sense of stuck-ness and live more fully and positively in the present. It has made a massive difference to me and that's why I decided to train to offer it to others.
I offer Shadow Work One-off coaching sessions face to face (usually at my home as a private space is necessary for this work but could be at your home or someone else by mutual agreement) these sessions last anything from 3-5 hours so you really need to make a day available and just sink into this work!
I do also offer it virtually as 3 x 1.5 hour sessions usually over 6 weeks so a session every two weeks. Working in this alternative way has a slightly different flavour and I give questions and activities for reflection in between sessions. Generally, the face to face sessions enable people to go deeper but the virtual sessions are super valuable too. Sessions are often a one-off though some clients return for more sessions over time.
Shadow Work is particularly useful for shifting recurring issues that you feel have you stuck in your life. We work with four main archetypes to identify areas where you may have learnt to suppress parts of yourself in the early years of your life that may now be continually holding you back.
If you are interested in working with me on this you can now book and an introductory conversation with me here to find out if we are a good fit for this work.
Click on this link below to book a free 30 min conversation to discuss whether Shadow Work Coaching with me is right for you.
You can also find out more about Shadow Work and watch some introductory videos about it here: http://shadowwork.eu/
More about me and why I do this work
I am a Feminist Writer, Facilitator, Activist & Coach who cares deeply about how we can build a better world together. I help organisations build resilient cultures in which people value and care for themselves and each other but I also offer this deeply personal one to one work because working in this way is one of the ways I have move through the deeper problems and challenges in my life. Here are my skills and qualifications:
- I am also an Certified Shadow Work Coach, Accredited Action Learning Facilitator, TedX Speaker & Nia Movement Practitioner; I am also a Founder of the Red Tent Directory and The Story Party; and a podcaster and public speaker.
- I have a degree in Swahili and Social Anthropology and a Masters in Anthropological Research.
- I was CEO of the charity AbleChildAfrica between 2004 and 2011; I have two decades of years experience as a leader and practitioner in international development; I also developed programmes in three countries for the mental health and wellbeing charity BasicNeeds.
- I am experienced in professional fundraising and grant-making and have raised millions of pounds for the organisations I’ve worked for to fund social justice projects. I Chaired a Domestic Violence Refuge and led the organisation through a merger and have consulted with many other organisations in their change-management processes.
‘I am surprised by the impact the sessions have had- I started to feel better about my situation even after the first session, and after the deeper work on session 3 I felt like I had been let free- completely euphoric then calm and content. I was not expecting the sessions to have such a direct or fast working effect. I am now left feeling like I have it within myself to cope with challenging situations, I just may need to dig a bit to listen to myself. I absolutely trust Mary Ann to conduct this work- as she might say herself, it sounds a bit whacky at first but it really works **and Mary Ann is a wonderful host on the journey.’