Coach & Walk with Mary Ann Clements
Coaching while we walk offers an opportunity to have coaching sessions while we walk gently together & connect with nature during the session as a mirror & inspiration for our transformational change work.
Accessible options working outdoors are also available.
The world around us becomes a mirror for the transformational work we do together
Coaching while we walk is a way to tap into that as we do our work and be supported by it
Walking during your coaching session not only enables us to use the natural world around us as a resource that very often helps mirror what we are working on together and ground your coaching experience.
Being in a green space (these sessions happen in London parks) also calms our nervous system and reduces stress.
Talking about the things you want to work on as we walk can help you to relfect and integrate the session in a more embodied way meanwhile walking itself is good for you!
Over the past decade I have worked with many organisations who are on a pathway to change as a consultant, coach and facilitator and then, most recently, I have been with ADD International as a Co-CEO with a remit to co-lead transformational change.
During our time together, you will develop:
- Clarity about the change you want to create, appropriate to the context your organisation exists and works in
- Strategies for meaningfully engaging others in change and for moving through difficulty and resistance.
- And consistent approach to continuing to lead change after our sessions together are complete.
“I am inspired, motivated and newly committed to the change I want to make, and now I have the tools to sustain it too.”
“Mary Ann’s inspiring vision of resilient leadership and practical support on how to make it real have enabled me to step up to a more senior role confident that I can do it without running myself or my team in to the ground by feeling we have to do it all”
"As the Director of a small Charity I asked Mary Ann's advice on a wide variety of issues. I find her very approachable, and above all extremely helpful. As a mentor I find her advice very apt and practical- based on her far reaching experience in international development. As a consultant, Mary Ann really adds value. She puts in a lot of effort to ensure she has a complete understanding of the brief, and because she recognises a lot of the challenges we face, her input is very well informed and effective. She has excellent contacts in the industry so she is able to draw on wide ranging best practice. I would recommend Mary Ann's approach very highly."
The three areas I focus on in my coaching
Working with me is for you if:
- You think of yourself as or want to be a change maker within your institution
- You can see that cultural and systemic problems show up in all the day to day decisions you and others make - and you want to be part of change that acknowledges & addresses those as well as the big picture visionary strategies
- You can see that generic organisational change approaches and programmes will not give you what you need right now because you need something tailored to you and your specific context
- You are aware of the dissonance many in change making professions feel between what they thought they were signing up for and the day to day practice their experience in the work place
- You still want to be a leader that helps practice a solidarity with others that heals - rather than perpetuates - injustice.