I’m Mary Ann Clements
- I have a degree in Swahili and Social Anthropology and as Masters in Anthropological Research.
- I was CEO of the charity AbleChildAfrica between 2004 and 2011; have two decades of years experience as a leader and practitioner in international development; and developed programmes in three countries for the mental health and wellbeing charity BasicNeeds.
- I’m skilled at professional fundraising and grant-making and have raised millions of pounds for the organisations I’ve worked for to fund social justice projects. I’ve Chaired a Domestic Violence Refuge and led the organization through a merger/change process and consulted with other organisations in their change-management processes.
- I am a Shadow Work Coach, Action Learning Facilitator, TedX Speaker & Nia Movement Practitioner; the Founder of the Red Tent Directory and The Story Party; and a podcaster and public speaker.
I have devoted my life to making an impact and like many change-making professionals, I got burnt out in the process. I want all of us to be able to do this work and create this impact, sustainably, without costing us our wellbeing — and I know it can be done.
The wellbeing of humanity and the ways we care for ourselves and one another — in our workplaces, in our communities, and in our personal lives — is my work and the passions of my heart.
I believe that World Changing + Self Care = Resilient Leaders Capable of Crafting a New Tomorrow.
Right now I am working on:
- Consulting with and training mission-driven NGOs and social organisations seeking to resource their workforce and leaders with wellbeing and self-care practices so they can sustain their effectiveness and impact. Read more here.
- Holding and facilitating The Replenishment Room. Join us here.
- Writing and Speaking about wellbeing and resilience. (I’d love to speak at your event or on your podcast. Read more about that here + Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Working 1-2-1 with NGO (NFP) workers, healing professionals, and people who use their careers to answer callings in the practice of self-care so that they are resourced rather than exhausted via the Impact and Wellbeing Deep Dive.
- Developing the Wellbeing + Impact Mastermind, a group programme which has run twice so far in 2018 and will run again in October.
- Creating some face-to-face workshops in the UK for late 2018.
To talk to me about the challenges in your org or to work with me 1:1, book a call with me to find out more.