I’m Mary Ann Clements, a Feminist Writer, Facilitator, Activist & Coach who cares deeply about how we can build a better world together.
Check out the other pages on this site to find out more about the work I currently offer including How I work (for organisations and individuals), Joyful Movement, Coaching and my Writing and Speaking.
Below you can find out a bit more about me.
- Healing Solidarity is a project I initiated that invites people in and around international 'development' and 'aid' spaces to gather around the work of healing the sector both from injustice in our practice and the working practices that overwhelm and exhaust us. The project currently runs an annual online conference and the Healing Solidarity Collective, an online space for connecting and sharing. Find the website here and join the Collective here.
- I have a degree in Swahili and Social Anthropology and as Masters in Anthropological Research.
- I was CEO of the charity AbleChildAfrica between 2004 and 2011; have two decades of years experience as a leader and practitioner in international development; and developed programmes in three countries for the mental health and wellbeing charity BasicNeeds.
- I’m skilled at professional fundraising and grant-making and have raised millions of pounds for the organisations I’ve worked for to fund social justice projects. I’ve Chaired a Domestic Violence Refuge and led the organisation through a merger/change process and consulted with other organisations in their change-management processes.
- I am a Shadow Work Coach, Action Learning Facilitator, TedX Speaker & Nia Movement Practitioner; the Founder of the Red Tent Directory and The Story Party; and a podcaster and public speaker.
I am passionate about making an impact and like many change-making professionals, I got burnt out in the process. I want all of us to be able to do this work and create this impact, sustainably, without costing us our wellbeing -- and I know it can be done.
The wellbeing of humanity and the ways we care for ourselves and one another -- in our workplaces, in our communities, and in our personal lives -- is my work and the passions of my heart.
I believe that Radical Action + Cultures of Care = Resilient Leaders Capable of Crafting a New Tomorrow.
Right now I am working on:
- Reflecting on and developing the work I started with the Healing Solidarity Conference.
- Writing and Speaking about wellbeing and resilience. (I’d love to speak at your event or on your podcast. Get in touch via email@example.com)
- Working with organisations and individuals to help them integrate their wellbeing and their impact and develop cultures of collective care.
- Developing my Joyful Movement work in New Directions.
- Tending to our family, our home and our allotment.
You can be in touch with me and with our community by signing up for my 'Impact & Wellbeing Updates’.
To talk to me about the challenges in your org or to work with me 1:1, book a call with me to find out more.