I’m Mary Ann Clements, a Feminist Writer, Facilitator, Activist & Coach who cares deeply about how we can build a better world together.
Check out the other pages on this site to find out more about the work I currently offer including Wellbeing & Care (for organisations and individuals), Joyful Movement, Coaching and my Writing and Speaking.
Below you can find out a bit more about me.
- In 2018 I initiated a conference called 'Healing Solidarity: Re-Imagining International Development' which you can read more about here.
- I have a degree in Swahili and Social Anthropology and as Masters in Anthropological Research.
- I was CEO of the charity AbleChildAfrica between 2004 and 2011; have two decades of years experience as a leader and practitioner in international development; and developed programmes in three countries for the mental health and wellbeing charity BasicNeeds.
- I’m skilled at professional fundraising and grant-making and have raised millions of pounds for the organisations I’ve worked for to fund social justice projects. I’ve Chaired a Domestic Violence Refuge and led the organization through a merger/change process and consulted with other organisations in their change-management processes.
- I am a Shadow Work Coach, Action Learning Facilitator, TedX Speaker & Nia Movement Practitioner; the Founder of the Red Tent Directory and The Story Party; and a podcaster and public speaker.
I am passionate about making an impact and like many change-making professionals, I got burnt out in the process. I want all of us to be able to do this work and create this impact, sustainably, without costing us our wellbeing -- and I know it can be done.
The wellbeing of humanity and the ways we care for ourselves and one another -- in our workplaces, in our communities, and in our personal lives -- is my work and the passions of my heart.
I believe that World Changing + Self Care = Resilient Leaders Capable of Crafting a New Tomorrow.
Right now I am working on:
- Reflecting on and developing the work I started with the Healing Solidarity Conference.
- Writing and Speaking about wellbeing and resilience. (I’d love to speak at your event or on your podcast. Get in touch via email@example.com)
- Working with organisations and individuals to help them integrate their wellbeing and their impact and develop cultures of collective care.
- Developing my Joyful Movement work in New Directions.
- Tending to our family, our home and our allotment.
You can be in touch with me and with our community by signing up for my 'Impact & Wellbeing Updates’.
To talk to me about the challenges in your org or to work with me 1:1, book a call with me to find out more.